DxLupus is a patient-focused website developed for people with lupus and those who care for them. The website has the most accurate information possible and presents it in a manner that cares about and responds to individual needs and feelings.Program objectives:
- Create a website that is accessible and easy to use.
- Produce more than just information about lupus as a disease; make the website an experience.
- Focus on the whole person, including their health-related issues, physical and emotional needs, family and social relationships and the ways they cope with the limits that lupus brings to their lives, their schooling or their workplace.
The website allows visitors to listen, watch or read interviews with lupus patients and doctors. Articles are presented are presented in “quick read” and full versions. The site map is designed for quick access of information. DxLupus is run by Rheuminations, Inc., a family foundation committed to funding excellence in medical research to achieve a better understanding of lupus and to bring new treatments to market; to educate and to empower those who live with lupus and those who care for them; to establish a higher level of public awareness about the disease.
- View interviews with patients and family members who share information about their own experiences with lupus.
- Listen to well-known doctors and researchers talk about their own research and how they view the future of lupus research.
- Find streaming videos from two major lupus conferences offering presentations from world-class clinicians and scientists.
- Watch an animation narrated by Charles Osgood that explains lupus in an easy-to-understand format.