Lupus Alliance of America (LAA)
The Lupus Alliance of America (LAA) is a group of agencies that provide services to people with lupus within their local communities. Its mission is to “ensure the delivery of services to those affected by lupus through affiliate members and other agencies and to fund research efforts.”
The LAA supports individuals, organizations and agencies that are involved in research to find a cure for lupus or to improve treatment of the disease. This support includes providing money for research and the dissemination of information that will help to advance those efforts.Program objectives:
- Provide education, research, advocacy and practice support services in a changing health care environment.
- Foster both the medical and business sides of rheumatology through expanded advocacy efforts and practice support services for clinical rheumatologists.
- Work with health professionals to improve the standards of diagnosis, care, services and treatment of lupus.
- Serve those suffering from lupus.
- Serve as an advocate for those affected by lupus.
- Support research into the causes, treatment and cure of lupus. The LAA has donated $650,000 to collaborative research efforts.
The Alliance is supported by individual contributions and funding in the public and private sector. All gifts will be used to support patients, promote public advocacy and fund research. Please visit the website at www.lupusalliance.org.
- Monthly journal: Read the official publication of the American College of Rheumatology, Arthritis & Rheumatism. It contains peer-reviewed articles on diagnosis, treatment, laboratory research and socioeconomic issues related to all forms of rheumatic disease.
- Click on links to blogs and social networking sites that cover subjects from learning to live with lupus to medications used in the treatment of lupus.
- Find college scholarships that students with lupus can apply for online.
- Learn about screening tests for lupus.